Chip card / processor chip card
intelligent card with a simple memory chip or a high performing processor chip
A smart card is a plastic card with an integrated memory chip – visible on the card surface. The data exchange and the power supply is effected by the mechanical contact.
The contact chip will be chosen according to customer needs. Additional features for your ICC include professional printing in custom layout, personalisation and encodings.
WHAT CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE PARTICULARLY:
- Storage of data between 64 and 256kB, in part with additional write-protect
- high data security and protection
- combinable with other data carriers (hybrid card)
Processor chip card
A very high performing chip card is the processor chip card – with a micro-processing chip which has a very high storage capacity. It has a CPU, RAM and its own operation system, which can perform complex tasks.
- storage, processing of data, encoding and decoding of data
- has its own operating system
- very high data security and protection
- stored data can be changed dynamically
- micro processors are flexible, e.g. different applications on the card
- Access control, time recording
- bank cards (e.g. EC debit cards)
- electronic purse for cashless payment in canteen, beverage dispenser, Shopping discounts/bonuses, public transport network etc.