Hybrid card / Combination card
combines several data carriers in one card
A hybrid card always has several storage media, e.g. two technology chips, on a single card. A contact chip can be combined with a contactless RFID chip on things such as classic work IDs. The most common are hybrid bank cards (e.g. debit cards) with a combination of a magnetic strip and RFID chip.
- different data or info can be saved > greater range of applications
- higher level of security and protection, especially with RFID card solutions
- greater flexibility for the user
Dual interface cards
The dual interface card is a special type of hybrid card. It has a chip with two data interfaces, i.e. the data on the card can be read by both a contact-based interface as well as a contactless data interface.
Multi-applications are in vogue. A hybrid card can be used for a variety of applications:
- Time recording systems, access systems
- local public transport networks
- Bank cards, e.g. debit cards
- Payment systems, e.g. canteens, vending machines, shops
- Offline door locking systems